Report a Crime

9-1-1 Emergency Calls Only
Please use 911 for Emergency Calls Only.  Emergencies qualify as life-threatening, crimes in progress, or where a criminal can be apprehended if a police officer would respond immediately.  If it is determined that someone utilized the 911 system to report a false call they can be charged under Illinois state law 720 ILCS 5/26‑1(a)(12).


217-732-2151 Non-Emergency Line
When there is a situation that requires police response but is not an emergency, use the non-emergency 7-digit telephone number.  Select Option 1 to speak with Logan Dispatch who can dispatch an officer or have an officer return your call.  Most often we will come to your home or business to take a report since we are normally on patrol. 


217-732-3000 Crime Stoppers
Anyone with any information concerning any crime in the Lincoln/Logan County area is urged to call “CRIME STOPPERS” at (217)732-3000 or contact CrimeStoppers. Your information will be kept confidential and you may remain anonymous. If your information leads to the arrest of the person(s) involved, CRIME STOPPERS will pay you a cash reward up to $1000.00. CRIME STOPPERS has an answering machine to answer your calls. This is to protect you if you wish to remain anonymous (your calls can not be traced with this machine). You need to let us know how you can be contacted about the incident or you must watch to see if the subject has been arrested. This is so we can make a payout to you.


211 Call 2-1-1 for resource help In Logan County, Illinois 
United Way 2-1-1 is an easy to remember telephone number that connects people with important community services, such as:

  • Basic Human Needs: such as food, shelter, rent and utility assistance
  • Physical and Mental Health Resources: such as health insurance programs, Medicaid and Medicare, medical information lines, crisis intervention services
  • Employment Support: such as job training, transportation assistance, education programs
  • Support for Older Americans and Persons with Disabilities: such as adult day care, respite care, home health care, independent living programs
  • Support for Children, Youth and Families: such as afterschool programs, family resource centers, mentoring, tutoring, protective services

    Access on the web at


800-25-ABUSE Child Abuse Hotline
(800-252-2873) Report a crime against children to the Department of Children and Family Services Child Abuse Hotline.


Logan County Jail 217-735-2610
For questions concerning an inmate at the Logan County Jail or you can call the Logan County Sheriff's Office at 217-732-4159.  You can also use system to find out who is in jail and receive notifications of when they are released.


Logan County Animal Control contracts with the City of Lincoln to enforce barking dog, dogs at large, and other animal related ordinances.   If it is an emergency dial 911 otherwise they can be reached by calling the Logan County Sheriff's Department at 217-732-4159 or the Lincoln Police Non-Emergency Line at 217-732-2151 and selecting Option 1 for Logan Dispatch.  Please see their website for more information.


US ICE Victim Notification Program
US Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) administers a Victim Notification program which allows eligible victims and witnesses to obtain reliable and timely information regarding a criminal alien's release from custody.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: Can I just send an email or use Facebook to report a crime or provide information?

A: No.  There are certain questions that need to be asked by a police officer.  We also do not check emails/Facebook on a regular basis, so your message may not be responded to quickly.  It is best to call using the appropriate phone number.


Q: I am the victim of a identity theft where the suspect is not in Lincoln.  Do I file a complaint with the Lincoln Police Department?

A: Please read over the Federal Trade Commission's website for information about identity theft.  Then complete a Federal Trade Commission complaint form.  Print the completed FTC complaint form, print your credit report, and have available the paperwork that brought the identity theft to your attention and call the non-emergency line to request an officer.  


Q: I keep receiving phone calls from an unknown source.  Can I make a complaint?

A: Telemarketers often use the phone system to attempt to sell goods or services.  Please put your phone number on the Federal Do-Not-Call Registry.  If after you do this and continue to get calls, please contact the Lincoln Police Department on the non-emergency line to request an officer.


Q: How to do file a commendation for an officer for a job well done or to make a complaint?

A: Please come to the Lincoln Police Department, 710 5th St, Lincoln, IL, to file the necessary paperwork.  Formal complaints require paperwork to be filed and the person filing the complaint is required by State Statue to swear to the truthfulness of the complaint.  Anyone found to be filing a false report with the police will be charged under Illinois State Statute for Disorderly Conduct, a Class 4 felony.  



Information is available on the following sites:
Logan County Current Statistics

Memorial Health System  - Includes daily statistics for MHS and a COVID-19 Risk Screening

Local Business Resources
Logan County Department of Public Health
Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH)
Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)



Contact Information


cityhall smallCity of Lincoln

City Hall
700 Broadway Street
Lincoln, Illinois 62656



Legal Disclaimer

Administrative Assistant
City Clerk
Building and Safety
Street and Alley
Waste Water Treatment
Fire Department
Police Department